I’ve been attempting to catch up on my summer travels so even though the order is a bit mixed up, next is my trip to my favorite friendly neighboring country, Canada. A wedding is always a good excuse to visit a new place! I was so excited to visit Toronto and of course explore it with Melody. Basically our last minute planning consisted of a combination of messaging our Canadian friends, instagram, and good ol’ Google after landing in Toronto. We only had about 2 days for sight seeing. However, we definitely packed a lot in and crossed off most of the things on our list, except for climbing the top of the CN tower (which I was ok with not doing, especially with the foggy weather on day 2).
Top 10 Highlights of exploring Toronto:
- Walking through Kensington market and seeing an eclectic bunch of things like the car that was turned into a garden on the street.
- Maple bacon macarons from Nadege patisserie while catching up with Steph!
- Staying at this cute boutique-y hotel, the Gladstone that was an art gallery during the day.
- Finding cute stationary and book stores on Queens street west.
- Taking photos of all the fun graffiti and art on the sides of buildings.
- Going down the Frank Gehry stairs at the Art Gallery of Ontario.
- Eating dinner at a random restaurant/pub on Osington, that ended up having the best sweet potato fries. The poutine was just ok.
- Taking a ferry to Toronto island and walking on the boardwalk by the beach with my cousin’s family.
- Watching planes land and lift off from Toronto city airport from a friend’s rooftop.
- Blueberry pancakes from Mildred’s Temple Kitchen. I would definitely go back here anytime.
Photos taken on my iphone 5s.