4 BIBLE VERSES FOR COMFORT DURING PHYSICAL ILLNESS
- GOD IS WITH US THROUGH HARD TIMES. During physical struggles, we know that God’s abiding presence is always with us.
- Isaiah 41:10 – God strengthens you.
- Jeremiah 33:6 – God brings healing.
- John 14:27 – God provides peace.
- Matthew 11:28-30 – God lightens your burdens.
- 1 What does the Bible say about caring for the sick and elderly?
- 2 What does the Bible say about getting old and the elderly?
- 3 What does the Bible say about helping seniors?
- 4 What is a good Bible verse for inspiration?
- 5 What Jesus says about helping the sick?
- 6 What does the Bible say about compassion for the sick?
- 7 What is the meaning of Psalm 90 10?
- 8 What does the Bible say about GREY hair?
- 9 What aging gracefully really means?
- 10 What does Leviticus 19 say?
- 11 What does the Bible say about helping family financially?
- 12 Is it a sin to put your parents in a nursing home?
- 13 What is the most encouraging Psalm in the Bible?
- 14 What does Psalm 27 say?
- 15 Does the Bible say do not worry about tomorrow?
What does the Bible say about caring for the sick and elderly?
What does the Bible say about helping the poor and sick? Proverbs 19:17 (NIV) “ Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward them for what they have done.”
What does the Bible say about getting old and the elderly?
Wisdom belongs to the aged, and understanding to the old. Grandchildren are the crown of the aged, and the glory of children is their fathers. Moses was 120 years old when he died, yet his eyesight was clear, and he was as strong as ever. Those who are older should speak, for wisdom comes with age.
What does the Bible say about helping seniors?
Whenever possible, seniors should help younger generations in need. This is evidenced by passages such as Psalm 71:18, which says ” Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, my God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your mighty acts to all who are to come.” Deliver meals to other seniors.
What is a good Bible verse for inspiration?
15 Bible Verses to Encourage You
- John 16:33. “In the world you will have tribulation.
- Isaiah 41:10 (NIV) “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
- Philippians 4:6–7 (NIV)
- Psalm 34:4–5, 8.
- Romans 8:28.
- Joshua 1:9.
- Matthew 6:31–34 (NIV)
- Proverbs 3:5–6.
What Jesus says about helping the sick?
” Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.” “And the people all tried to touch him, because power was coming from him and healing them all.” “‘But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,’ declares the Lord.”
What does the Bible say about compassion for the sick?
For the Lord comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones. “Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you.
What is the meaning of Psalm 90 10?
Commentators described this psalm as dealing with God’s and man’s time, and as lamenting in esse the transience of human beings. 90 is ” a lament at the community’s historical experience in which wisdom have been utilized to for-mulate a lament that leads to a plea.”
What does the Bible say about GREY hair?
Proverbs 16:31 Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained in the way of righteousness.
What aging gracefully really means?
Aging gracefully isn’t just about trying to look younger— it’s about living your best life and having the physical and mental health to enjoy it. You can even get better with age, with the right care. Aging gracefully is more about being healthy than keeping the wrinkles at bay.
What does Leviticus 19 say?
Bible Gateway Leviticus 19:: NIV. “Speak to the entire assembly of Israel and say to them: ` Be holy because I, the LORD your God, am holy. “`Each of you must respect his mother and father, and you must observe my Sabbaths. I am the LORD your God.
What does the Bible say about helping family financially?
Proverbs 22:6 Helping your family financially includes providing for your children when they are young. It also includes training them in the way God commands. We train our children to work diligently, to treat others with kindness, and to give.
Is it a sin to put your parents in a nursing home?
There is nothing “bad” or “wrong” with placing a parent in a nursing home if it is in their best interest and your own. Accepting the help of a good facility while keeping an eye on things and continuing to care for your elder in this new role allows you to take off your martyr hat and stop running yourself ragged.
What is the most encouraging Psalm in the Bible?
Psalm 23:1 –6 – “God, You are my shepherd, I lack nothing. You make me lie down in green pastures, You lead me beside still waters, You restore my soul. You lead me in paths of righteousness for Your name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me!
What does Psalm 27 say?
Psalm 27 Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation– whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.
Does the Bible say do not worry about tomorrow?
Matthew 6:34 is “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” It is the thirty-fourth, and final, verse of the sixth chapter of the Gospel of Matthew in the New Testament and is part of the Sermon on the Mount.