How to Turn Your Invention Idea Into a Product
- Step 1: Document and Record Your Invention Ideas.
- Step 2: Make Sure Your Invention is Not Already Patented.
- Step 3: Do Some Research to Make Sure Your Idea Has a Market.
- Step 4: Make a Prototype (i.e., prove your idea can work in real life)
- Step 5: File a Patent.
- 1 What inspires people to invent new things?
- 2 How do I get someone to make my invention?
- 3 Who to contact if you have an idea for an invention?
- 4 How much does a patent cost?
- 5 What needs to be invented?
- 6 What can I invent to help the world?
- 7 Who is the most famous female inventor?
- 8 What is a poor man’s patent?
- 9 How do you sell an idea to a company without them stealing it?
- 10 What can I invent that has not been invented?
- 11 How do I get my idea manufactured?
- 12 How do I file for a patent?
- 13 How do you prototype an idea?
What inspires people to invent new things?
People invent for a variety of reasons. Some invent in order to meet basic human needs. Other invent to fulfill their own creative desires. Many inventions are inspired by social or economic reasons–by the desire to make life easier and more comfortable or by the need to make money.
How do I get someone to make my invention?
Steps for building a working prototype:
- Find an engineer/designer with a background in the field of your invention. Thomasnet is a good place to start.
- Sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) and show your crude prototype and other information.
- With your drawings in hand go and visit prototype makers.
Who to contact if you have an idea for an invention?
Inventors! Call 1-800-INVENTION (1-800-468-3684) or fill out our inventor information request form to find out how InventHelp can assist you.
How much does a patent cost?
A patent can cost from $900 for a do-it-yourself application to between $5,000 and $10,000+ with the help of patent lawyers. A patent protects an invention and the cost of the process to get the patent will depend on the type of patent (provisional, non-provisional, or utility) and the complexity of the invention.
What needs to be invented?
7 things that need to be invented now to make life easy and more
- A vaccine against every disease. Think about it!
- Two-wheel, gasless or flying cars. Doesn’t it just suck to get stuck in a traffic jam?
- Waterproof books.
- No battery gadgets.
- Pet translators.
- Peace of mind.
- A future predictor.
What can I invent to help the world?
11 Simple Inventions That Could Change The World
- Chewing gum that fixes your teeth.
- A mouth guard that can detect concussions.
- An Internet-enabled, portable hand sanitizer.
- A smokeless solar cooker for developing countries.
- A cheap, portable water filtration device.
- Water pipes that monitor their own leaks.
Who is the most famous female inventor?
Let’s take a look at our picks for the top ten female inventors:
- 1) Marie Curie: Theory of Radioactivity.
- 2) Grace Hopper: The Computer.
- 3) Rosalind Franklin: DNA Double Helix.
- 4) Stephanie Kwolek: Kevlar.
- 5) Josephine Cochrane: The Dishwasher.
- 6) Maria Beasley: The Life Raft.
- 7) Dr.
What is a poor man’s patent?
The theory behind the “poor man’s patent” is that, by describing your invention in writing and mailing that documentation to yourself in a sealed envelope via certified mail (or other proof-of-delivery mail), the sealed envelope and its contents could be used against others to establish the date that the invention was
How do you sell an idea to a company without them stealing it?
You can sell an idea to a company without a patent. You need a way to stop them from stealing the idea from you. One way to do that without a patent is with a nondisclosure agreement, aka NDA. The NDA would limit the company’s ability to use your idea without paying you for it.
What can I invent that has not been invented?
11 Inventions That Need To Hurry Up And Exist
- Dog Translator. Shutterstock.
- Machine That Dresses You As You Sleep.
- Dream-to-Movie Maker.
- Instant Heartbreaker Healer.
- Guns That Launch Kittens.
- Penguins: For The Home.
- Edible Popcorn Bags.
- Space Houses.
How do I get my idea manufactured?
To get your idea ready to manufacture, you’ll need to develop both a prototype and a manufacturing plan. Depending on your location, you should be able to choose from many firms that can help you take an idea and make it ready for manufacturing.
How do I file for a patent?
How to File a Patent in X Steps
- Search the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Find a patent attorney.
- Determine what type of patent you need.
- File a provisional patent application.
- Become a Registered eFiler.
- Gather information for your formal application.
- Complete and review your formal application.
How do you prototype an idea?
4 Steps to Build Your Product’s First Prototype
- Create a Concept Sketch. The first step toward turning your idea into reality is getting it down on paper.
- Develop a Virtual Prototype. At some point it’s going to be invaluable to create a digital sketch of your idea.
- Build a Physical Prototype.
- Locate a Manufacturer.