Senior Living News
- GOD IS WITH US THROUGH HARD TIMES. During physical struggles, we know that God’s abiding presence is always with us.
- Isaiah 41:10 – God strengthens you.
- Jeremiah 33:6 – God brings healing.
- John 14:27 – God provides peace.
- Matthew 11:28-30 – God lightens your burdens.
- 1 What does the Bible say about caring for the sick and elderly?
- 2 What the Bible says about the elderly?
- 3 What does the Bible say about getting old and the elderly?
- 4 What is a good Bible verse for inspiration?
- 5 What the Bible says about helping the needy?
- 6 What does the Bible say about financially supporting your parents?
- 7 What does Leviticus 19 say?
- 8 What the Bible says about 70 years old?
- 9 Is it a sin to put your parents in a nursing home?
- 10 What does the Bible say about GREY hair?
- 11 What does the Bible say about growing your hair?
- 12 What aging gracefully really means?
- 13 What the Bible says about healing sickness?
- 14 What does Psalm 27 say?
- 15 What is the most encouraging Psalm in the Bible?
What does the Bible say about caring for the sick and elderly?
What does the Bible say about helping the poor and sick? Proverbs 19:17 (NIV) “ Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward them for what they have done.”
What the Bible says about the elderly?
SENIORS CAN GUIDE OTHERS Whenever possible, seniors should help younger generations in need. This is evidenced by passages such as Psalm 71:18, which says ” Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, my God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your mighty acts to all who are to come. ”
What does the Bible say about getting old and the elderly?
Wisdom belongs to the aged, and understanding to the old. Grandchildren are the crown of the aged, and the glory of children is their fathers. Moses was 120 years old when he died, yet his eyesight was clear, and he was as strong as ever. Those who are older should speak, for wisdom comes with age.
What is a good Bible verse for inspiration?
15 Bible Verses to Encourage You
- John 16:33. “In the world you will have tribulation.
- Isaiah 41:10 (NIV) “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
- Philippians 4:6–7 (NIV)
- Psalm 34:4–5, 8.
- Romans 8:28.
- Joshua 1:9.
- Matthew 6:31–34 (NIV)
- Proverbs 3:5–6.
What the Bible says about helping the needy?
“ Whoever is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward them for what they have done.”
What does the Bible say about financially supporting your parents?
1 Timothy 6:7-8 If your family member is truly in need of help with things like food, clothing, and housing, we can certainly help them. But if they demand money for frivolous things and/or aren’t willing to support themselves, you have no financial obligation to gift them the money to pay for these things.
What does Leviticus 19 say?
Bible Gateway Leviticus 19:: NIV. “Speak to the entire assembly of Israel and say to them: ` Be holy because I, the LORD your God, am holy. “`Each of you must respect his mother and father, and you must observe my Sabbaths. I am the LORD your God.
What the Bible says about 70 years old?
[As for] the days of our years, in them are seventy years; and if [men should be] in strength, eighty years; and the greater part of them would be labor and trouble; for weakness overtakes us, and we shall be chastened.
Is it a sin to put your parents in a nursing home?
There is nothing “bad” or “wrong” with placing a parent in a nursing home if it is in their best interest and your own. Accepting the help of a good facility while keeping an eye on things and continuing to care for your elder in this new role allows you to take off your martyr hat and stop running yourself ragged.
What does the Bible say about GREY hair?
Proverbs 16:31 Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained in the way of righteousness.
What does the Bible say about growing your hair?
You can turn these scriptures into prayers, along with taking proper care of your hair and watch your hair begin to grow. Scripture References: I Corinthians 11:15: But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for [her] hair is given her for a covering. Luke 21:18: But not a hair on your head will be lost.
What aging gracefully really means?
Aging gracefully isn’t just about trying to look younger— it’s about living your best life and having the physical and mental health to enjoy it. You can even get better with age, with the right care. Aging gracefully is more about being healthy than keeping the wrinkles at bay.
What the Bible says about healing sickness?
“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” “Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness.” “He said to her, ‘ Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.
What does Psalm 27 say?
Psalm 27 Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation– whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.
What is the most encouraging Psalm in the Bible?
Psalm 23:1 –6 – “God, You are my shepherd, I lack nothing. You make me lie down in green pastures, You lead me beside still waters, You restore my soul. You lead me in paths of righteousness for Your name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me!