Below you will find a brief summary of steps, however I am providing these from memory and may have missed something.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Open the “User Accounts” option (If in category view click the larger green text)
- Click “Manage Other Account”
- Select your profile.
- Click “Change Password” / “Reset Password”
- 1 How do I take the password off my Dell laptop?
- 2 How do I remove startup password?
- 3 How do I unlock my Dell Inspiron laptop without the password?
- 4 How do I take the password off my laptop lock screen?
- 5 How do I remove Windows pin login?
- 6 How do I factory reset my Dell Inspiron 15 without password?
- 7 How do I unlock my Dell computer if I forgot my password?
- 8 How do I unlock my Dell Inspiron?
- 9 How do I reset the administrator password on my Dell Inspiron laptop?
- 10 How do I log into my Dell computer without a password?
- 11 How do I reset my Dell administrator password?
How do I take the password off my Dell laptop?
Add or remove a password for a Windows 10 local account
- At the desktop, press the Windows key and type “sign.” Select Sign-in options from the menu.
- Under the Password section, click Change and follow the instructions to add a password. To remove a password, enter the current password and leave all other fields blank.
How do I remove startup password?
How to turn off the password feature on Windows 10
- Click the Start menu and type “netplwiz.” The top result should be a program of the same name — click it to open.
- In the User Accounts screen that launches, untick the box that says “Users must enter a name and password to use this computer.”
- Hit “Apply.”
How do I unlock my Dell Inspiron laptop without the password?
Different Methods to Unlock Your Dell Inspiron Laptop Without Password
- Using your Microsoft account.
- Using the second administrator account.
- Using the Windows password reset/recovery disk.
- By factory resetting your device.
How do I take the password off my laptop lock screen?
Disable Password Protection
- Click the Windows orb and type “User Accounts” into the search box.
- Select the “Remove your password” option.
- Click the “Remove Password” button to remove the password and return to the User Accounts screen.
- Click the Windows orb and enter “netplwiz” into the “Search programs and files” box.
How do I remove Windows pin login?
Follow the below steps.
- Open the Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.
- Select Sign-in options, and click/tap on I forgot my PIN.
- Click/tap on Continue.
- Leave the PIN fields empty, and click/tap on Cancel.
- Your PIN will now be removed.
How do I factory reset my Dell Inspiron 15 without password?
Turn on the laptop. As soon as the Dell logo appears on the screen, repeatedly press the F8 key until you see the “Advanced Boot Options” menu. Select “Repair your computer ” and press Enter. The System Recovery Options screen opens.
How do I unlock my Dell computer if I forgot my password?
Use a Password Reset Disk
- At the Windows login screen, click Reset password.
- Insert the recovery diskette or USB key.
- Follow the instructions on-screen to create a password.
- Log in to the account using your new password.
How do I unlock my Dell Inspiron?
Method 2: Unlock Dell Inspiron Laptop with Microsoft Account
- Go to Microsoft ‘Recover your account’ page on a device other than the locked laptop.
- Enter the account details (phone number, email, Skype account) associated with your Microsoft account, then click Next.
- Verify your identity with the password reset process.
How do I reset the administrator password on my Dell Inspiron laptop?
Click the “Reset password” button and insert your password reset disk into the drive. If you created a password reset disk using an external drive such as an SD card or flash drive, connect it to your Dell laptop. Windows launches the password reset wizard and prompts you to create a new password.
How do I log into my Dell computer without a password?
While the computer is booting, press F8 to enter the Boot menu and boot in safe mode. Select Run from the start menu and type control userpasswords2. Select the account and select reset option. Type a new password into new password and confirm and your done.
How do I reset my Dell administrator password?
First of all, you need to go to https://account.live.com/password/reset, then press the “I Forgot My Password” button. Next, you will be asked to enter the email address and phone number associated with your Microsoft account. Select a method you’d like to get the security code and press “Next”.