Sometimes you just need to take some time to stop and reflect on some of those small moments from the past few days that brought you some extra joy.
- I received an e-mail from one of my student’s parent with her slice of life post. She decided to participate in the challenge along with her son and our class. I was completely blown away by her first post; she’s an incredible writer.
- I received an e-mail from a good friend about the birth of her baby girl with pictures attached of the beautiful newborn!
- In class we are working on fantasy stories and some of my students decided to put their own drawings into ibooks author, which we are using to publish their pieces. I saw quite a few of my students offer to draw pictures for other students’ fantasy books. It was great to see students that aren’t close friends helping each other out!
- Yesterday, I was thinking about buying some flowers for myself because flowers make me happy. However, I didn’t have time to get them. Then, this afternoon, I had two surprise visits in my classroom. I received two huge and beautiful bouquets of flowers from my fifth grade team and the lovely ladies that I take a taxi with every morning to school.
- Yesterday, I had a chance to eat dinner with a good friend and catch up. She texted me while I was on the MRT (subway) home and the timing worked out perfectly.
- I didn’t get a chance to watch the Oscars, but I must admit, I loved seeing the selfie photo of the night.
What small moments brought a smile to you these past few days?