Unprepared

sols_6

Slice of Life Challenge Day #23

It was 9:50pm. I had gotten home a little while ago and I started packing for my trip to Vietnam tomorrow morning. Of course, I left the packing to the last minute. I found my print outs of my flight reservation and two different hotel reservations. I scrambled around and looked through my folders, drawers and bag for my visa confirmation letter. I didn’t see it anywhere. I thought I had printed it out. I’m usually not that forgetful. I couldn’t find it anywhere. I really thought that I printed it out and put the letter in my folder. Maybe I was just imagining things? Where did I put it? Did I leave it in my classroom?

It was time to come up with plan B. Since I didn’t have a printer at home and didn’t know of any printing places that would be open early on Sunday morning, I would have to go all the way to school in the morning with my luggage and print out another copy of my visa confirmation letter. Then, I would have to get a taxi from my school to the airport. I’ve definitely learned a few important lessons. I’ll make sure to have all of the required documents printed and check for them, before I leave school next time.

10 thoughts on “Unprepared

1. brighidk28 says:

Oh man can I relate to this. I HAVE gotten better but this was (is) a major life lesson for me- punctuality, preparedness.. Somtimes no matter how ahead of the game I THINK I am.. something always goes amiss. 🙂 Is this story present day?? If it is- Have a wonderful trip!! Wow- that’s some spring break. 🙂

2. Deb says:

I don’t know if this will make you feel better but I do this stuff all of the time even when I think I have prepared. Hope you have an enjoyable time. Vietnam? Sounds exciting.

3. Chris Kervina (@ckervina) says:

I can completely understand this situation. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve printed and lost the pages. I’ll find them about 3 days after I need them. I’m currently trying to track down a folder I know I had earlier this week.

Have a wonderful trip to Vietnam.

4. Tara says:

Ugh, I ALWAYS leave packing to the last minute. And I usually freak out about paperwork and stuff. I guess it’s kind of a good thing I never have money to travel? 🙂

5. mrssurridge says:

I hate it when that happens! I always look in the same place about ten times before I decide that it is not there. And it always happens when you are in a hurry too. Have a great trip!

6. Barry Mernin says:

13 years overseas and I only missed one flight. A good travel agent is worth the extra cash. Enjoy Vietnam and keep writing.