my favorite things: paris edition

Slice of Life Entry #26

Some of my favorite things, found in Paris! I’m starting to fall in love with this city.

1. Dogs. Cute fluffy dogs that follow their owner without a leash. This dog has attitude and swag. I’m just loving all the dogs here!

2. Roses. They are pretty high up there on my list. They are so beautiful yet fragile and prickly. We stumbled across a market on Sunday morning. I love all the flowers here.

3. Olives. Yes, I absolutely love olives. I miss the olive bar at Whole Foods in NYC. This one was a pretty extensive collection of olives. Yum!

4. Salads. Living in Seoul makes me miss really good salads. I had a pretty good salad with egg, tuna and rice today! Yes it was 12 euros (about $15) for the small salad! Even though food is way too expensive here, I’m loving Paris!

5. Baguettes. The bread here is simply amazing. I love all the baguettes. I love that people buy long baguettes in the morning. I would probably do that everyday if I lived here.

21 thoughts on “my favorite things: paris edition

Your favorites are my favorites of Paris. I could never do a low carb diet in France, the bread is soooo good. Yes, food is too expensive, but you are in Paris! Ooo la la! Gorgeous pictures! Looks like you are having fun.

2. Jennifer K. says:

Ahhh…I now want to visit Paris! I am a foodie, and I love great bread! Thanks for sharing! I’ll have to post my favorite things about Seoul after my trip there next week! 🙂

3. Mrs. V says:

I am so glad that you posted a combination of words and photos for this post. I was most surprised by all of those olives! I’m happy to see that you are enjoying the trip so much!

4. Julie says:

Oh man – these pics make me want to be there in Paris with you so badly! I’ve only been once and never as an adult – hopefully someday! Faites-vous plaisir!!!

5. Debbi says:

Thanks for sharing your Paris loves. I will probably never get to see it with my own eyes; thank you for allowing me to view it through yours.

6. blkdrama says:

What a wonderful way to take us through Paris. I do remember bread there… I think that’s a city I need to revisit 🙂
    Thanks for the walk,
    Bonnie

7. Tam says:

OH, thank you for showing me Paris. I don’t think I will ever get there. Roses and food. Can it get any better? Thank you. Keep the posts coming.

Each photo gave such a delightful taste (really!) of Paris. It’s as if you gave us a bit of a stroll along the streets, looking at all the delightful things. Which one shall I choose, the baguettes of course, but then there are the olives, and the roses, and … Merci, cher Jee!

9. girlgriot says:

Loving your photo essay of Paris! The rose photos are so beautiful … as are the olives. When I lived in Paris, I went to the bakery (oh, sorry, the boulangerie) every morning and bought my baguette … I felt I’d really arrived when the ladies there and the owner of the cremerie next door knew my order before I said a word!