Things that I love about the slice of life community

So I realize that I enjoy writing lists. I think I enjoy crossing things off of a list more, but I think it’s easy to organize my thoughts in this way. I’ve been so thankful and encouraged by this amazing community of writers I have met from the slice of life challenge this year and last year. Here is my list of things that I love about the slice of life community! Can you believe we are more than halfway done with the challenge?! ๐Ÿ™‚

Things that I love about the slice of life community

• We write daily.
  • We are willing to challenge ourselves.
  • We are willing to write because we see the importance in doing what we teach.
  • We are open and honest in our writing.
  • We are willing to help each other.
  • We are reflecting on life.
  • We are making meaning through the ordinary moments of our daily lives.
  • We are willing to open our eyes to the world outside.
  • We are willing to learn from each other.
  • We leave thoughtful comments!
  • Weย  come from all different stages in life and locations, but our passion for writing is a common bond that brings us together.

What do you love about the slice of life community? Let’s share our love! ๐Ÿ™‚

19 thoughts on “Things that I love about the slice of life community

Jee, this is wonderful. I like all these things too. I guess the addition, if it is one, is the imaginative way that each slicer goes about the writing. There are so many ways to do things and it’s wonderful to see each one try new ways to communicate what is in their minds right now! Thank you for your list!

2. Anita Ferreri says:

What a wonderful list of why we write. I love tht this month is making me reflect on why I write…as well as making me write more! The laundry piles, however, are growing! This week I got things washed but not put away!

3. Deb Day says:

Definitely the community keeps me writing. I know there are slicers who are getting many comments–especially those who post later in the day. I’ve started commenting from the bottom of the list up, to make sure everyone’s getting comments.

This challenge and community has also made me a better writer and teacher of writers…always good ideas and things to think about!

4. Mrs. V says:

What a nice celebration of the SOLS community. I especially love the, “We are willing to write because we see the importance in doing what we teach.” Well said!

5. Lynn says:

What a wonderful list! I so agree, it still amazes me how I feel so connected with people I don’t even know! So, so very cool.

6. Jama says:

I agree, Jee, and I think it is fascinating that we are from all over the world. People are slicing in Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada, and even East Tennessee. We are an International community of people who have writing in common. At least that is what I am gathering from my blog stats. This is a little bit of heaven, I think.

7. grade4wizard says:

Is there anything to add to your list? You have captured the essence of the community so well. May be: We inspire each other.

Jee, how did I miss this post this morning? You and all the comments have created an amazing list that I say Yes, Yes! to each and every item. Because there is someone reading, I feel the push to write.

9. Michelle says:

I’ve noticed your lists this year. I’m thinking I may have to write one too. This was perfect! As everyone else stated, the last one just had me shaking my head up and down in complete agreement!