Slice of Life Challenge Entry #3: My Bucket List
For most of my life, I called NY my home. It was where I grew up, learned to drive, graduated from college, got my first paycheck and discovered what I was passionate about. I grew up in the suburbs, 30 minutes north of Manhattan. I lived in Manhattan for about 8 years before taking the jump to the international school scene. NY will always be home for me.
These past 3 and half years, I’ve started to call another place home. I never thought this could happen, but it’s funny how time allows the heart to grow soft. I’ve met so many amazing people and done some many amazing things one could only do in Korea. However, as my time is slowly coming to an end (3 months left), I realize there are some things I should try to do before I leave.
My Bucket List of things to do in Korea before I leave:
Visit the green tea fields Take photos at the princess café in Myung Dong
- Ride the swan boats at the Han River
- Visit Jejudo
- Spend a Saturday afternoon at a café in Sam Chung Dong
- Get drinks at Jongno Tower Top Cloud Bar
- See a kpop concert and shout like a teenage girl!
- Go bungee jumping in Bundang
Run the Nike 5K women’s race (Can’t sign up for this…)
- Create a scrapbook of photos and memories for my orphanage girl I tutor!
- Go to the flea market on Saturdays at Hongdae
- Hang out with the students I’ve taught these past 4 years
- Eat and hang out in the French village (Seo rae mael)
- Spend quality time with the people I love
In the end, the most important one would be the last one! If you want to join me for any of the other things on list, let me know. 🙂
Where do you call home? Do you have a bucket list?