a case of linsanity

Slice of Life Challenge Entry#2

Wow…thank you all for the comments on my first post! It’s so encouraging to know that so many people enjoyed and read my post.  Now, I’m feeling a bit of pressure, but it’s all good! This is something I really wanted to write about for a while. Something that has been on mind for the past few weeks. ❤

A Case of Linsanity

Warnings:
If you are any of the following, you are more susceptible to the disease, but not always the case:

• a New Yorker
  • Knicks fan
  • Asian American
  • Christian
  • Enjoys Cheering for the Underdog

Symptoms:

• Continual checking of NY Knicks Website and ESPN
  • Reading any articles that mentions Jeremy Lin
  • Using the lin word generator to come up with statements
  • Continual postings on fb and twitter about Jeremy Lin
  • Scheduling events around NY Knicks games
  • Watching all JLin youtube videos
  • Ordering JLin tshirts
  • Following Spike Lee on Twitter
  • Following other Knicks players because they may tweet about Lin
  • Planning out how to “bump” into him
  • Wanting to name your child Jeremy
  • Planning a pilgrimage trip to Taiwan

Even the President has been caught with a mild case of Linsanity. I won’t confess to which of these symptoms I’m guilty of, but I’m Lin LOVE!

*Extra points for using lin words in your comment! 🙂

15 thoughts on “a case of linsanity

1. melody says:

Haha, I can safely say that I do not have Linsanity, I have Linlikity? Lin-sounds-like-a-cool-guy-and-I-will-happily-listen-when-other-people-talk-about-him.

Of course I didn’t buy the t-shirt. They don’t sell them here in Korea. However, my linsane friend in NY is sending me some b/c she is lincredible!!!!!!!!! 😀

2. Katie says:

Well as someone who goes out of their way to avoid sports I only have a vauge idea what you are talking about. However your slice was very effective! I love the list style and I think you really made it fun to read.

Well as we live in Colorado, we have heard news of Jeremy Lin for a while because we lost our star player, Carmelo Anthony, to the Knicks last year & now the talk is that “Melo” is jealous because of all the talk and accomplishment of Lin, plus we also have Tim Tebow here & he has been following Lin because of the Christianity connection. I understand the Linsanity because we’ve had Tebow mania for months. Love the post; hope you get a t-shirt soon!

4. Carol says:

Couldn’t help but laugh at your insanity (so clever!) I live in TebowTown, but haven’t quite succumbed to the craziness. I want to try something creative like this one of these days!

5. GirlGriot says:

I’m a Knicks fan from way back (Ewing days), and it’s been hard to have anything to cheer about for a long time, so I am (quietly) cheering Jeremy Lin and the rest of the team, enjoying this happy spotlight, hoping it lasts!